The honest truth is that this blog is my sanity. There are days, hours, minutes, and moments when my sweet, loving, creative, free-spirited daughter makes me absolutely crazy, for the same reasons I cherish her and love her so very much. It is in those moments, when she is treading on thin ice, when her creativity has destroyed one more “grown-up” thing in our house, when I have put away her shoes for the 24th time that day, when I have impatiently waited for 15 minutes for her to simply get in the car and buckle her seatbelt, when I have asked, begged, pleaded and yes, probably bribed her to pick up her dishes, put away her toys, be nice to her sister, don’t pull on the dog, please don’t lay on the dog, please stay in the house when you are naked… It’s those moments that I take time and I write.
- I write to remember the funny and the not so funny.
- I write because there is never enough coffee.
- I write to document the insanity and the exhaustion.
- I write to process the heartache and the hurt and the joy that comes from their little hearts.
- I write to give perspective to myself and maybe others that life is one hard and beautiful journey and that it really is all about how we choose to address it.
- I write to give hope to other mommas who struggle with little people and mommy-ing, because this shit is hard!
- I write because I want to understand the truth, my truth.
- I write because I must remember not just the moments but the journey.